Re: Curl timeout option in milliseconds

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 14:58:42 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 16 Nov 2019, karthikeyan Sivakkumar wrote:

> Correct me if I am wrong. Using --enable-ares=<ares installation path>
> should help to achieve timeout < 1000.

Yes it should!

> Also if there is any documentation on installing c-ares and building libcurl
> with c-ares, please share here.

c-ares is its own project with its own documentation (see
https://c-ares.haxx.se/) but it follows the good old configure + make + make
install pattern.

When you run curl's configure and tell it to use c-ares, just make sure that
the summary in the end mentions c-ares as being used as resolver.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me