Re: Unit test 1655

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 14:41:30 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019, Niall O'Reilly wrote:

> Have you thought about the trailing dot? If so, do you have a clear idea (or
> even strong feelings) about whether it should be either tolerated or
> forbidden?
>
> It can’t be required, as doing so would introduce pervasive conflict with
> how libcurl already handles a hostname parsed from a URL.

Is there a reason the DoH code can't just use with exactly the host name it
gets passed, using a trailing dot or not?

I forget the exact state of how to deal with the trailing dot in all the
different areas right now, but surely that decision could or even should be
taken outside of the lower level DoH functions anyway?

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me