Re: help me improve behavior on Windows?

From: Patrick Monnerat via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2019 12:02:12 +0200

On 10/6/19 10:59 AM, Daniel Stenberg via curl-library wrote:

> That change was done using socketpair() and therefor it unfortunately
> only works on linux and unix-like systems.
>

> I've written it based on documentation, google searches and repeated
> CI runs. ** I have not used it myself on Windows! **
>

> This work can be found in PR #4466 on github:

I'm afraid I can't help you with windows but I just want to tell you we
already have a similar function: it is named inetsocketpair() and is
located at lib/vtls/gskit.c line 526 (see comment before this line). In
addition, inetsocketpair() checks for security that no other process
connects to our listening socket.

Maybe we should unify both works ?

Patrick