Re: Username and password in URL stopped working with proxy

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 15:52:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 15 Aug 2019, Mike Crowe wrote:

> If I make that change to master (and don't modify the GET lines because
> master doesn't supply the username and password to the proxy that way) then
> no Authorization header is sent, so the test fails.

Right, I saw that as well.

> Test 168 doesn't appear to be following the numbering documented in
> tests/README. If you can suggest an appropriate number for this new test
> then I can create a patch to add it.

Oops, yes. That numbering scheme was once a guide but we've since filled up
several of the ranges and thus sort of stopped following that. You can
basically pick any available number (see tests/data/Makefile.inc). (We should
probably just remove the numbering from the README since I believe it does
more harm than good now...)

We instead work harder on having the top <keywords> tags set correct so that
we can run tests selected by those.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me