Re: Username and password in URL stopped working with proxy

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 23:35:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019, Mike Crowe wrote:

> If this doesn't help point at the problem, please can you post the full
> output from when you successfully ran:
>
> $ ./src/curl http://daniel:hello@www.haxx.se -x localhost:80 --trace-ascii -
> -o /dev/null

It seems to work?

0000: GET http://www.haxx.se/ HTTP/1.1
0022: Host: www.haxx.se
0035: Authorization: Basic ZGFuaWVsOmhlbGxv
005c: User-Agent: curl/7.66.0-DEV
0079: Accept: */*
0086: Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive

Removing those lines you mentioned causes test failures, the first I saw being
test 84. The credentials really shouldn't be in the request path that is sent
to the proxy, the Authorization: header should be enough.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me