Username and password in URL stopped working with proxy

From: Mike Crowe via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 17:31:05 +0100

Whilst upgrading to libcurl I've discovered that one of our tests has
started failing. The test checks that a URL containing both a user name and
password works correctly with digest authentication through a proxy.

I've managed to reproduce the problem against our Squid proxy with the the
curl command line tool in the current state of master:

 curl --proxy http://proxy:3128/ --anyauth http://unittest:password@host/

I ran a bisect and discovered that the behaviour changed in:

commit 46e164069d1a5230e4e64cbd2ff46c46cce056bb