libcurl in fips mode

From: Dipak B via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 18:09:34 +0530

Hi,

Can you please help me with the following question?

How do I use libcurl in FIPS mode?
I want to use only the 'easy' interface with OpenSSL.

Following research is done / in progress

a. Could not find curlopt_xxx for FIPS mode. Apology if this is not needed.

b. Checking if VTLS interface can be leveraged to pass socket for which
FIPS is configured.

c. Came across post where CURL code was modified to enable FIPS but that
did not help me much.

Appreciate your help / inputs in advance.

Thank you.