Re: Missing bcrytp.dll when running Watcom compiled Libcurl program on XP.

From: Gisle Vanem via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 13:36:31 +0200

Dan Gribble wrote:

> I have copied libcrypto-1_1.dll and libssl-1_1.dll (from openssl 1.1.1c)
> to my application directory in order to run the compiled application,
> but other than that I have not done anything else.

You have to rebuild OpenSSL with a '_WIN32_WINNT' value
suitable for Win-XP ('-D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0501' should work
I think). Or maybe lower the value in 'Configurations\50-win-onecore.conf'

Look at OpenSSL's crypto/rand/rand_win.c where bcrypt.dll
functions are used:

   /* On Windows Vista or higher use BCrypt instead of the legacy CryptoAPI */
   # if defined(_MSC_VER) && defined(_WIN32_WINNT) && _WIN32_WINNT >= 0x0600
   # define USE_BCRYPTGENRANDOM
   # endif

--
--gv