Missing bcrytp.dll when running Watcom compiled Libcurl program on XP.

From: Dan Gribble via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 11:42:48 +0000

I am experiencing a problem when a program using Libcurl that is compiled on Windows 7 using the Watcom C++ compiler is run on Windows XP.

I am aware that XP is no longer supported, however, at my installation we still have a couple of legacy machines that we require to still run XP.

I have openSSL 1.1.1c installed on Win 7 machine, and have copied the libcurl.dll, lincrypto-1_1.dll and libssl-1_1.dll files to one of legacy XP machines, however, when trying to execute the program, it says that "brcypt.dll" is missing.

I undertand that bcypt.dll was introduced in in Windows operating systems later than XP, so it works fine on our Windows, 7 and 10 machines.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone could suggest a method that would enable my program to run on Windows XP.

Kind regards
Dan Gribble