Re: A quick follow-up release next week

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 11:43:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 25 May 2019, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

>> We already merged support for CURLOPT_SASL_AUTHZID (and the accompanying
>> --sasl-authzid), more or less accidentally.
>
> Forgive my ignorance... Did this break an ABI? Or did it break something
> that already exists? Or did it add additional functionality? Or something
> else?

It it's a new feature, or a "change" as I sometimes call it, as opposed to
just a bug-fix.

According to our version numbering "rules" [1], we bump the release number for
the next release if that happens. That would mean 7.66.0.

If we revert this change, we only have bug-fixes merged since 7.65.0 and we
would call the next release 7.65.1.

[1] = https://curl.haxx.se/docs/versions.html

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me