Re: create rpm for libcurl

From: surya chandrika via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 15:45:32 +0530

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 5:49 PM Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 1:26:29 PM CEST surya chandrika wrote:
> > On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 1:49 PM Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com> wrote:
> > > On Sunday, May 12, 2019 7:45:28 PM CEST surya chandrika via
> curl-library

> > > curl-library

> build.

> 7.64*
> > >
> > > Not that I know of. But you can try to update the current CentOS 7
> spec
> > > file:
> > >
> > > https://git.centos.org/rpms/curl/blob/f0f8d7eb/f/SPECS/curl.spec
> >
> > I created a sample spec file and generated the rpms. Even though i have
> > mentioned
> > %build
> > export PREFIX=%{_prefix}
> > ./configure \
> > --prefix="$PREFIX" \
> > * --with-ssl*
>
> Why do not you use the %configure macro as in the mentioned spec file?
> It should take care of setting all the prefixes.
>
> > When i install rpm, version is *upgraded to 7.64.0,* but it says
> *Gnutls*,
> > instead of* Open ssl*
>
> You should have `BuildRequires: openssl-devel` in the spec file to make
> sure
> that the build environment of OpenSSL is available while running the build.

I added BuildRequires: openssl-devel` this but then also after installing
rpm its using gnutls.
According to
https://curl.haxx.se/docs/install.html
It should auto take openssl if nothing is specified. "If you have OpenSSL
installed in the default search path for your compiler/linker, you don't
need to do anything special".
I have installed openssl and openssl-devel via yum install, so it should be
in default paths.

Note: Am generating rpm in one host and installing rpm in another host. Is
there any thing else that i need to make sure so that its takes openssl
instead of gnutls.