Re: Curl_socket_check is getting stuck for more then 2 min in poll

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 10:28:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 15 May 2019, ravi prakash Bajpai via curl-library wrote:

> In Curl_socket_check we are passing *timeout_ms* value in argument .
> In what cases it can wait for more then 2 min.

What do you do to make this happen? On what platform? Which libcurl version
and what libssh2 version?

> #1 0x00007f27302fb43f in *Curl_socket_check *() from /lib64/libcurl.so.4
> #2 0x00007f273030382e in ssh_easy_statemach.constprop.1 () from
> /lib64/libcurl.so.4

This stack trace you show reveals a function name that that was renamed in
February 2013 (commit c25383ae1), in the 7.30.0 release, so you're obviously
using something older. That means you're using a curl that is more than six
years old. Presumably you're then also using a fairly old SSH library.

I think a sensible first approach would be to upgrade both, if even in a test
environment, and see if the problem is still there. Because if its not, I
don't think you'll find us very interested in hunting for this issue...

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me