Re: Occasionally facing connection issues with NSS

From: Kamil Dudka via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 12:30:24 +0200

On Friday, April 26, 2019 7:08:52 AM CEST surya chandrika via curl-library
wrote:
> I am occasionally seeing "Unable to initialize NSS database" log during my
> curl call initialization from my CPP module using libcurl and at that time,
> my curl calls are not working.
> *Note:* only at certain times , else is works properly without any changes
> in system
>
> Please find the logs in working case and not working case below, if you see
> the timestamp its just the next call:-

The verbose output does not include any information about the reason why NSS
failed to initialize. Could you please rebuild libcurl with the following
patch and capture the verbose output again?

https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/3808/files

Note that there is no vtls/ subdirectory in the source tree of curl-7.29 but
if you just remove that substring from the patch, it applies fine on the el7
source code.

Kamil