Re: winbuild: Add MultiSSL support

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 22:39:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019, Jan Ehrhardt via curl-library wrote:

> makefile.m32 and ./configure (when cross-compiling on *nix for Windows)
> already support MultiSSL. However the makefiles in /winbuild still prohibit
> it. It requires a small adjustment to enable it there too:
> https://github.com/Jan-E/cURL-winlibs/commit/3997fc006b3a3650f4b9bdb5b1f508ced04d00fb

Thanks, but why not submit this as a pull request?

The "/DWINSSL_ENABLED=1" piece looks wrong as we've worked hard recently to
chase away all references to "winssl" and now prefer and use "Schannel".

For the rest of the changes, they seem okay to me but I don't build on
Windows.

> See the discussion on https://github.com/winlibs/cURL/issues/13 as well.
> Maybe PHP will not implement MultiSSL, but that should be no obstacle to
> enable it in Curl itself.

OpenSSL itself does not read/use the Windows certificate store. (Comment based
on the discussion in said github issue).