pthreads on AIX

From: Michael Schultz via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 22:45:48 +0000

My previous change to configure to build on AIX 7.2 was not enough. When I linked my application with curl static libraries, I got the undefined references to pthreads again. Looking around and comparing the 7.64.0 curl to the curl-7.49.1, I discovered that the module curl_threads.c had the threads disabled on 7.49.1 and had them enabled on 7.64.0. I rebuilt with --disable-threaded-resolver --disable-pthreads on the configure command and discovered that I could link with the curl static library without any additional libraries.

Still, it seems like this is the wrong solution. Although my application is not multi-threaded, and thus I don't really believe I need multi-threading, it could be that curl may be using multiple threads itself.

Is there a downside to disabling multi-threading on the cURL static libraries?

Michael Schultz
Software System Developer - Senior Principal
Micro Focus
14231 Tandem Blvd #120
Austin, TX 78728, USA
(P)+1 512.340.4823