Re: Need to build 32-bit curl on RH Linux 64-bit

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 09:30:25 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 12 Mar 2019, Robert Sorrells via curl-library wrote:

> If it isn't possible for a public 64-bit and a private 32-bit version to
> coexist, let me know.

It's certainly possible.

You can build and install any amount of separate curl versions/builds. A build
doesn't need nor use any current installation and won't even know its there.

> Or maybe I need to override some pkg-config stuff when I build my private
> version.

Well, if you're not doing a cross-compiled build, the configure script will
use pkg-config in order to find and use dependencies in your system. If those
are not dependencies you like, then you need to point configure to other ones
or disable the use of them.

You can set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to point to a specific directory for where your
pkg-config meta data is, you can use --disable-* and --without-* options to
configure or you can point out

> If I play with the above environmental variables, I can get around the
> time_t error, but then it always aborts at the "check for runtime" section
> of configure.

That's when the configure script verifies if it can actually run an executable
linked to the specified libraries. You can probably fix that by editing
/etc/ld.so.conf, setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH or adding more LDFLAGS to "hardcode"
library paths into the executable.