Issue with libcurl4 and openssl

From: Swamy J-S via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 06:11:39 +0000

Hi,

I have a code which uses CURLOPT_SSL_CTX_FUNCTION, and CURLOPT_SSL_CTX_DATA. But these curl options are supported only by opneSSL, wolfSSL/CyaSSL, and mbedTLS backends. Earlier I installed libcurl4-gnutls-dev in Ubuntu16.04 OS(Ubuntu 16 comes with openssl 1.1.0 default).

I want to build my code with openssl 1.0.2 and with openssl backend.

So am trying

  * "sudo apt-get install libssl1.0-dev"
  * "sudo apt-get install libcurl3" and
  * "sudo apt-get install libcurl-openssl1.0-dev"

which removes libcurl4, curl and cmake.

If I try to install cmake then it asks to install libcurl4 again.

I don't want build curl with openssl backend support(I know how to build this way). I just want to install some package as an end user.

Thanks and Regards,
SWAMY J S