Re: curl_multi_perform sometimes does not return while its threadus es1 00% cpu resources

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 09:53:06 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 13 Dec 2018, "h9791521_at_docomo.ne.jp" wrote:

> I confirmed that time_t in windows is defined as unsigned

This document contradicts your statement:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/323b6b3k%28v%3dvs.140%29

   "If _USE_32BIT_TIME_T is defined, time_t is a long integer. If not
    defined, it is a 64-bit integer."

Signed, in both cases.

>, but still I’m investigating whether HAVE_TIME_T_UNSIGNED is done in windows
> or is necessary or not in windows

It is necessary to define for *any* system using an unsigned time_t. If
Windows is such a system, it should be defined.

But... as I mentioned above I don't think it is, and libcurl is used *WIDELY*
on Windows already by lots of users who don't experience this problem you
describe so I don't think your problem is as easily explained as this.

I would rather urge you to provide an example source code that reproduces the
problem. Do you use libcurl multi-threaded? Do you use the appropriate thread
mutex callbacks (if any) ?