Compiling libcurl with HTTP/2 support in OpenWrt

From: Connor Ruggles via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 16:44:02 +0000

Hello,

I'm hoping this doesn't get ignored as not relevant because this isn't only with libcurl, but also OpenWrt, but I'm just trying to figure out where my problem actually lies.

I'm compiling OpenWrt with their imagebuilder and including libcurl, with the HTTP/2 option checked. So I'm covering my bases there, and I have validated it is attempting at least to use the nghttp2 library because when I remove the linked library objects, libcurl fails to make any requests and my program crashes. In my code, I have the HTTP version option as `CURL_HTTP_VERSION_2_PRIOR_KNOWLEDGE`. I have compiled the same version of curl on an Ubuntu machine with http2 support, and queried the same server that my program is querying, and my request is indeed upgraded to HTTP/2, so I know it's either a problem with the libcurl configuration on my device or a problem on the device itself.

Some version info: libcurl version 7.60.0, libnghttp2 version 1.32.0
Hardware being used: gl-inet device gl-mt300n-v2

If any other information is wanted to try and help me out, feel free to ask. I'm just really stuck right now.

Thank you,
Connor Ruggles