error= 6 (libcurl error) detail= 51 (SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK)

From: Tapasvi Soni via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 11:43:40 +0000

Hello,
I am new to cURL and I came across a scenario where I have self signed wildcard certificate with common name as : 'oe*de*2.bedford.progress.com' (Wildcard certificate with more than one * in leftmost label of common name.)
I am getting error= 6 (libcurl error) detail= 51 (SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK) error when curl command is executed with -cacert command where I provide my cert path.

Curl version used: 7.59.0
Curl is using OpenSSl version : 1.1.1
My question is : Does this Curl version support such wildcard certificates ?? I am getting this error because it isn't supported by curl Right?
I want to know that multiple wildcards(*) in leftmost label of common name of wildcard certificate are supported by curl or not.
Because validation is failing from libcurl for this certificate.

Please reach out to me on following mail for the answer
Email : tapasvi.soni_at_progress.com

Regards,
Tapasvi