RE: Curl and c-ares block during curl_multi_remove_handle

From: Evgen Bodunov via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 12:01:51 +0300

Hello again,

> I believe something wrong happened when Curl_resolver_wait_resolv called with entry=nullptr and it’s still wait’s for a second just to make sure there is no data yet. This happened when I remove cancelled tasks from curl_multi.

By now I’m fixed an issue by adding
curl_easy_setopt(task->getCurl(), CURLOPT_TIMEOUT_MS, 1); // 1 ms, because 0 means no value set, and -1 is invalid
Before
curl_multi_remove_handle(_multi, task->getCurl());

But I believe curl should take care on cancelling active easy handler somewhere inside curl_multi_remove_handle. May be I’m wrong.

WBR,
Evgen Bodunov.