Re: release scheduling: the December release one week early

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2018 11:44:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018, Dan Fandrich via curl-library wrote:

> If this release contains any security fixes (as curl releases these days tend
> to do), this could be spoiling the Christmas plans of many security people
> since it gives only two working days before many companies close for the year.
> I suggest bringing it in another week or waiting until the new year.

Valid point, thanks for keep our "customers" in mind!

As I like short cycles and frequent releases rather than the opposite, I then
suggest we move the release date yet another week earlier to December 12
instead and change the feature freeze date a week as well:

  - Nov 21 - feature freeze (one week shorter period than normal)
  - Dec 12 - release (six weeks since the previous)

And then sync up the following releases from that point with the regular 8
week cycles again:

  - Jan 9 - feature freeze (for weeks since release)
  - Feb 6 - release (eight weeks since previous release)

Of course, this is all assuming nothing major happens and we have to insert
a "panic" release at an point in this schedule!