Re: Retrieve all addresses mapped to specific host, not just one IP

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 14:58:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 15 Aug 2018, myLC--- via curl-library wrote:

> Just upfront: you make it sound like my request for being able to get all
> associated IPs is a bizarre idea. I feel the need to state that many
> libraries have this implemented naturally for a good reason (a: it doesn't
> cost anything + b: in some scenarios, you need it).

I don't think it is a bizarre idea but I'm very much in favour of having
features well motivated and that the reasoning and use cases are better
understood. It helps avoid misunderstandings and implementations that end up
not fulfilling them.

Also, libcurl has provided internet transfer powers to applications for nearly
two decades by now and all those existing users have managed without this
feature so I think a little scepticism is natural.

So thanks for enduring the questions!