Re: Slow Windows uploads (with patch)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2018 18:15:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 3 Aug 2018, Thomas Glanzmann wrote:

> If you like to run me some more experiements, I can do that. I just compile
> curl with a higher SO_SNDBUF / SO_RCVBUF, fire up a ec2 AWS instance with
> windows server 2016 somewhere in the world with a big pipe and high latency
> and download something from my well connected webserver.

Very interesting. It might confirm that the OS level "auto-tuning" is disabled
for non-blocking sockets.

Have you tried to do something like Daniel's upload "auto-tuning" patch but
for the download buffers [*]? Or maybe that's not as easily done for
downloads...

[*] = https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/2762