Re: a URL API ?

From: bch <brad.harder_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2018 15:50:53 -0700

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 3:19 PM Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the 2018 user survey, more than 40% of the 395 users who answered the
> question said they'd use a "URL handling" API in libcurl if one existed.
>
> I gave it some thoughts the other day and I've now jotted down my initial
> suggestion on how it could be made to work. An API that can parse a URL,
> extract the individual pieces, allow the user to set individual parts and
> finally to get the full URL out from there again.

In case this is interesting, I’ve used
https://github.com/nodejs/http-parser in a similar capacity in the past.
It’s been a while since I’ve used it, and I haven’t done a comparison
between your proposal and it, but figured “before i forget... I’d better
send this”. Obviously not fully integrated w cURL, but if there’s good
reference material...

-bch