curl / Mailing Lists / curl-library / Single Mail


Re: plan for a patch release

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 01:11:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 9 Jul 2018, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> But due to the http2 problems (issue #2674 and #2688), the feature window
> will not be opened again until those bugs as fixed satisfiably and they will
> most likely be reason enough for a 7.61.1 release.

I'm still working on the http2 problems but *might* have a fix I'm happy with.
I'm polishing the final edges off of it and it could merge soon.

There have popped up a few more bugs in the mean time that I want to get fixed
as well, and I'm topping it all off by having a little vacation here in the
middle of the Swedish summer (meaning less curl time for me). All this taken
together means that I'm still not sure when we can get the patch release out.
It won't happen this nor next week.

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to spend the entire 8 week period on bug
fixes this time to give us some time to get back on track - even though we're
now at 6(!) PRs waiting to get merged in the next feature-window...

Thoughts? We can also just take as it comes and if we get several things
sorted out in the next few weeks we can probably do a release then.

Received on 2018-07-20