Re: test 1307...internal Curl_fnmatch() testing failures

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 00:13:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> This test has been failing on every single autobuild where it's run for a
> long time, probably since commit a115c6bb which switched libcurl to using
> the system fnmatch back in May.

Yeah, clearly...

> I find it hard to understand why no-one has noticed for a month and a half
> since the Travis builds et. al. must have been succeeding during that time.
> Maybe it's a sign that the Travis builds are too monocultural and that the
> autobuilds really are adding some value (if anybody were to notice them).

I think I'm one of the worst offenders of mostly considering the travis builds
and when they're green I'm good and move on.

In this specific case, I was clearly a bit naive in thinking that manually
verifying three different combinations (private, Linux glibc and mac) would be
enough, since it seems uclibc fnmatch() returns different results! And since I
don't monitor the autobuilds closely enough, it avoided my attention.

Additionally, the fnmatch() functionality is only used by ftp wildcard
matching which isn't used very much so I presume no user has found any
problems with this change either...

I would love to see people help me out and file issues for failed autobuilds.
At least such failures that used to work fine before.