Aw: Re: Re: DNS Lookup time (CURLINFO_NAMELOOKUP_TIME) performs worse than getaddrinfo()

From: Bernhard Jaeger <B.Jaeger1_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 17:15:36 +0200
Thank you for your answer it helped me fix the problem.
I got the same results as you did with the pull request the initialisations were around 50 microseconds hence negligible.
You can close the pull request.

What made the performance difference was the threaded resolver.
After configuring (and building) curl with the --disable-threaded-resolver option I got the correct performance (~1 ms without threaded resolver, ~4ms with threaded resolver)
This solves my problem but I would still be interested to find out why the threaded resolver performs worse, usually threading is used to increase performance.

-- Bernhard Jaeger