RE: Using PKCS12 certificate from memory

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 23:01:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 21 Jun 2018, Gilles Vollant wrote:

> There is now a sample with CURLOPT_COPYPOSTFIELDS / CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS /
> CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE / CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE

The *copy* version only exists since we couldn't transition into a copying
version of the original option in a compatible way. I don't think newly added
options will need it. We just need to document how the new options work and
libcurl *should* copy the data. Experience tells us users prefer that.

> We can imagine:
> CURLOPT_COPYSSLCERTDATA / CURLOPT_SSLCERTDATA / CURLOPT_COPYSSLCERTDATASIZE
> CURLOPT_COPYSSLKEYDATA / CURLOPT_SSLKEYDATA / CURLOPT_COPYSSLKEYDATASIZE
> CURLOPT_COPYCAINFODATA / CURLOPT_CAINFODATA / CURLOPT_CAINFODATASIZE

1) skip the *COPY* ones and 2) I think *DATA is not a good suffix since we
already use that for the options that set arguments passed to callbacks.

But the option names aren't *that* important as long as we have the
functionality. Maybe something like this:

  CURLOPT_SSLCERTMEM, CURLOPT_SSLCERTMEMSIZE
  CURLOPT_SSLKEYMEM, CURLOPT_SSLKEYMEMSIZE
  CURLOPT_CACERTMEM, CURLOPT_CACERTSIZE