DNS-over-HTTPS, the second step

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 14:32:47 +0200 (CEST)

Hey,

If the first step was my creating the doh repo over at
https://github.com/curl/doh I think this should count as the second...

I've just submitted a first PR for DOH support in libcurl:
https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/2668

This is a single setting (CURLOPT_DOH_URL) that when set will make libcurl use
that service to resolve host names instead of the "normal" resolver. I'm sure
there will be reasons to introduce a few more options to control this
effectively...

This is just to show off where I'm at and invite you to test, and submit your
ideas, suggestions or bug reports. And to see how muck the CI builds will yell
at me!

The PR is not ready for merge yet and as we're in feature freeze it wouldn't
be merged even if it were until after the pending release.

BTW, please be prepared that I might rebase that development branch while
developing.