Re: Intel Fortran Compilation error related to libcurl.a

From: Lianyuan Zheng - NOAA Federal <lianyuan.zheng_at_noaa.gov>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 15:26:04 -0400

Daniel,

Based on your suggestion, I use the following command to compile the code:
ifort -static -o convert2 convert2.f -I/home/net/zheng/include
-I/home/net/zheng/include/curl -L/home/net/zheng/lib -lnetcdff -lnetcdf
-lhdf5_hl -lhdf5 -lz -lcurl -L/usr/lib -ldl -lcrypt

The new error message begins with following:

ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libdl.a when searching for -ldl
/home/net/zheng/lib/libhdf5.a(H5PL.o): In function `H5PL_load':
H5PL.c:(.text+0x568): warning: Using 'dlopen' in statically linked
applications requires a
t runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libcrypt.a when searching for -lcrypt
ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libm.a when searching for -lm
ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.a when searching for -lc
/home/net/zheng/lib/libcurl.a(libcurl_la-netrc.o): In function
`Curl_parsenetrc':
netrc.c:(.text+0x508): warning: Using 'getpwuid_r' in statically linked
applications requi
res at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
/home/net/zheng/lib/libcurl.a(libcurl_la-curl_addrinfo.o): In function
`Curl_getaddrinfo_e
x':
curl_addrinfo.c:(.text+0x84): warning: Using 'getaddrinfo' in statically
linked applicatio
ns requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for
linking

It seems how to provide the order of libraries is necessary.

Thanks,
Lianyuan

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 6:23 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Apr 2018, Lianyuan Zheng - NOAA Federal wrote:
>
> However, when I compile the same code with option -static using the
>> following command:
>>
>> ifort -static -o convert2 convert2.f -I/home/net/zheng/include
>> -I/home/net/zheng/include/curl -L/home/net/zheng/lib -lnetcdff -lnetcdf
>> -lhdf5_hl -lhdf5 -lz -lcurl
>>

> This is asking to link with a static libcurl. When linking statically you
> must provide all other dependency libs as well on the link command line.
> Looking at those errors, you need at least -ldl, -lssl, -lcrypto and -lz
> (again). Maybe something else too.
>
> When you buid curl, it generates curl-config and "curl-config
> --static-libs" is made to generate the list of libs to use in the link
> line. That might help. It can be a really extensive list.
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

Lianyuan Zheng
Physical Scientist
NOAA/National Ocean Service
Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services
1305 East West Highway, SSMC4, Station 7340
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Office: 240-533-0550
Email: Lianyuan.Zheng_at_noaa.gov