Intel Fortran Compilation error related to libcurl.a

From: Lianyuan Zheng - NOAA Federal <lianyuan.zheng_at_noaa.gov>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2018 09:34:44 -0400

Hello,

We have Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4 with Intel Compiler version 18.0.1.
Recently I installed szip, zlib, hdf5, curl, NetCDF-C and NetCDF-Fortran on
my account /home/net/zheng. All of them are installed successfully.

I have a Fortran code which uses NetCDF library to read from and write to
NetCDF file. When I used the following command without option -static:

ifort -o convert2 convert2.f -I/home/net/zheng/include
-L/home/net/zheng/lib -lnetcdff

The compilation went through and I can execute the executable file convert2
to get the correct results.

However, when I compile the same code with option -static using the
following command:

ifort -static -o convert2 convert2.f -I/home/net/zheng/include
-I/home/net/zheng/include/curl -L/home/net/zheng/lib -lnetcdff -lnetcdf
-lhdf5_hl -lhdf5 -lz -lcurl

The compilation error was saved in the attached file. Based on the error
information, it relates to Curl library. I think that it may be caused by
the Curl installation I did.

Following is what I did during the Curl installtion:

Access to the downloaded source code directory,

CC=icc
CXX=icpc
FC=ifort
F77=ifort
F90=ifort
CFLAGS='-O3 -xHost -ip'

./configure --prefix=/home/net/zheng
make -j 4
make install

Please help me find the solution. I greatly appreciate all of your help.

Thanks,
Lianyuan

--
Lianyuan Zheng