Re: Aborting a transfer using curl_multi_remove_handle()

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2018 11:31:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 1 Apr 2018, Philip Prindeville wrote:

> and thinking about aborting a transfer using curl_multi_remove_handle () in
> a scenario like the hiperfifo.c example.
>
> I also added a call to check_multi_info() after the removal, as that seems
> to be necessary (is it?).

No, it isn't.

curl_multi_info_read() returns information about easy handles that are still
in the multi stack. To tell the application when a specific transfer has
completed.

When you remove the easy handle from the stack, it won't be transfered anymore
and it will therefor not complete either. It will not cause a message to be
generated at all.

> How do I properly handle the task as no longer being active?

You remove the easy handle from the multi handle, that effectively stopped
that transfer and prevents it from going any further. That easy handle is
still identifying a transfer that you can set new options to, reset or free.

If you want to restart the tranfer that easy handle represents, you add it to
the multi stack again.