RE: https://github.com/curl/curl/issues/522

From: Ryan Braud <rbraud_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 17:58:46 -0700

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to write and say that I really, really, really wish you had
not done this. We recently updated our internal curl version from 7.51 to
7.58 and we use the timings EXTENSIVELY. This change to libcurl's timings
make them just about unusable because it is no longer possible to get
timing statistics on the final request itself (other than total time).
Furthermore, the documented meanings of time_appconnect, time_connect,
time_starttransfer, etc, are now completely wrong in the presence of
redirects. Please reconsider this change and revert this behavior to the
way it was before.

Thanks,
Ryan