Re: libcurl 7.57.0 - curl_global_cleanup() unconditionally shuts down openssl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 00:13:30 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 13 Mar 2018, Oleg Pekar (olpekar) wrote:

> curl_global_cleanup() always shuts down openssl and calls openssl cleanup
> that frees all openssl internal structures. So if I’m using openssl and curl
> both independently from my application then after calling
> curl_global_cleanup () my application will loose all openssl structures
> created with no relation to libcurl. Is there a native way to prevent
> libcurl to cleanup openssl on libcurl cleanup?

That's basically what CURL_GLOBAL_SSL was for, and which we removed/broke back
with multissl support and the subsequent issue #2107. This is also reported in
#2276.

Personally I haven't figured out what the best way forward on this issue is,
and nobody else seems to either.

Suggestions? (and I'm then meaning from anyone reading this)

https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/2107
https://github.com/curl/curl/issues/2276