Re: Moving release date to March 14

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 14:28:11 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 9 Mar 2018, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> we're moving up the release date one week to March 14, 2018

I had a look in my calendar to decide what to do with the date for the next
release after March 14. Should we shift all future releases a week too?

I propose that we stick to the previous plan and dates, and thus we get 9
weeks to produce the next release. Yay for an extra week! =) This way we can
stick to previous release and freeze dates. (5 weeks with features allowed
until freeze then 4 weeks bug-fixing only)

We'll also have the curl up meeting in this period, and possibly we get some
extra inspiration or desire to do something so it seems fitting that the
freeze date is *after* we meet in Stockholm.

Another reason is for me personally: I'm probably travelling the week before
the next release is planned to ship so doing it one week earlier would not be
ideal for me. May 16 was (and is!) the planned release for what comes after
curl 7.59.0.