Re: NTLM v2 Authentication with 7.58.0

From: Sergei Nikulov <sergey.nikulov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 12:41:53 +0300

> On Fri, 2 Feb 2018, Paul D Rotter wrote:
>
>> We define USE_OPENSSL in our project, so USE_WIN32_CRYPTO has always been
>> off as we do use OpenSSL. The problem with USE_WIN32_CRYPTO being
>> unconditionally defined is it results in USE_NTLM2SESSION not being defined
>> in curl_ntlm_core.h:
>>
>> Was this change by design?
>

> It looks like this was a (side-)effect of 24bba4045677 [1] brought in PR
> #1943 [2] and I don't think it was intentional.
>
> Any suggestions on how we should proceed to fix it?
>
> [1] = https://github.com/curl/curl/commit/24bba4045677
> [2] = https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/1943

Initially, I've addressed the issue with OpenSSL <-> WinCrypt for NTLM
implementation here
https://github.com/curl/curl/commit/a8135f0768f4723db7bfdc1fecc7c054a73a2dbd#diff-af3b638bc2a3e6c650974192a53c7291

I still think that those options should be mutually exclusive until
OpenSSL is not a "first-class citizen" on Windows.
But I can be wrong.

The main issue lack of tests for functionality which those flags
enable on Windows.
IMO, it is too many flags.

Any objections are welcome.