Re: Certificate update question

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 11:49:35 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 21 Dec 2017, Dave S via curl-library wrote:

(Sorry for not having responded sooner.)

> The certificates for TBD Portal (tbd.tbdservice.com) and MainTBD Portal (*.
> tbdservice.com) will be updated

> I don't see anything I have to do on my development systems -- the browser
> should handle the certificate update for me, right?

In the case of Firefox it has its own certificate store, the other browsers
use the operating system's store (on Windows and Mac at least).

But curl typically doesn't use those but instead uses a separate store.

> I currently don't do anything explicit about certs, letting libcurl find the
> system defaults. Do I need to take action, and if so ... what? Or will it
> all get worked out for me behind the curtain?

It depends. On most linux (like) distros, the OS will keep the cert store in
shape when you update that, in other situations you may need to update a
private store every now and then. Possibly from the one we provide on the curl
site: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/caextract.html