Re: Possible documentation mistake for linking libcurl with openssl; also a question

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2018 10:45:17 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 22 Dec 2017, Martin Galvan via curl-library wrote:

> This may have some mistakes. First, LDFLAGS seems to be passed to the
> compiler, not the linker, so the correct option should be
> LDFLAGS=-Wl,-R/usr/local/ssl/lib (or just use -rpath explicitly instead of
> -R). I tried using LDFLAGS=-R... on Ubuntu 17.10 and it failed, while using
> -Wl worked fine.

I think the point is made anyhow. The exact option to use will depend on what
specific linker and compiler you're using.

> is there a way to statically link against openssl? I'd like to bundl
> libcurl, openssl and my own program in a single statically linked binary.

Sure, you can link with a static openssl if you want to. You have to provide
the full list of depdendant libs on the command line yourself of course, but
that's just how static libs work.