Re: curl 7.56.0 build problems

From: Patrick Monnerat via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 14:44:57 +0100

On 11/12/2017 01:36 PM, Michael Felt wrote:

> So, are you defining 'free_func'? - Looking for that now, but this
> 'redefine' did not happen in 54.1 - which is the last version I have
> been able to build.

No, but zlib.h does, as a typedef. openssl/crypto.h defines it as a
structure field and function arguments (AFAICS in my openssl version,
that is not the same as yours).
This is OK with gcc, but it seems the AIX compiler does not like
redefining a typedef name as a formal argument variable.

The problem has probably been introduced by commit
https://github.com/curl/curl/commit/a243ce7ab289f0e7bb8a6b90b40fcf8fa62428bf.
Maybe Johannes can help?

Patrick