A future API cleanup: v8

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 09:31:58 +0200 (CEST)

Hi friends!

I decided to ditch my plans to optimize our printf() implementation by
stripping out some unused features - for the sake of keeping functionality.

Instead I've created this wiki page to add ideas and plans for what to do with
a future libcurl 8 release!

   https://github.com/curl/curl/wiki/libcurl-8

There's no time schedule for this, and it isn't even decided it actually will
happen, but I think we would benefit from removing surfaces to applications
and removing old legacy features.

What do you think we should fix/remove/do when we take the plunge and go to
version 8 and accept a minor ABI break ?