Re: AW: macOS High Sierra: SSL_CONNECT_ERROR and crash in curl_share_cleanup

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 10:09:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 25 Oct 2017, Hölzl, Dominik wrote:

> > Apple ships their bundled libcurl built with darwinssl/Secure Transport.

> curl --version
> curl 7.54.0 (x86_64-apple-darwin17.0) libcurl/7.54.0 LibreSSL/2.0.20 zlib/1.2.11 nghttp2/1.24.0
> Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3 pop3s rtsp smb smbs smtp smtps telnet tftp
> Features: AsynchDNS IPv6 Largefile GSS-API Kerberos SPNEGO NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz HTTP2 UnixSockets HTTPS-proxy
>
> They changed from SecureTransport to LibreSSL.
> Could this be the reason for the change?

Oh look at that! I didn't know... thanks! It explains the function call being
in OpenSSL - or rather LibreSSL really. I guess one upside from this is that
now all mac users can use HTTP/2 much easier and there will be one reason less
to install curl/libcurl from homebrew.

Back to the problem at hand: can you reproduce this problem with a simpler
stand-alone example ?

Also, since you get this crash with pure Apple-provided software, I would also
urge you to submit a bug report to Apple.