Re: Fwd: Sharing connection pool amongst different handles

From: Alibek Joraev via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 15:33:24 +0000 (UTC)

yes, I see now. thanks.
 I have just re-checked code.earlier, in Curl 7.29.0, there were problems with re-using NTLM connections. and I patched (locally) curl_done() - to save authhost and authproxy from data.state into connection) and in reuse_conn()- to read authhost and authproxy back from connection into data.state.
now, I see that in the latest Curl (7.55.1), things changed. NTLM logic is now re-implemented, in two layers (smaller LM routines and then actual NTLM state handling on the top).
 Also curl_done() has become multi_done().  and it looks like I do not need my patch anymore....

    On Tuesday, 24 October 2017, 16:24:07 GMT+1, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

 On Tue, 24 Oct 2017, Alibek Joraev wrote:

> thinking loud, basically, when request is made, for example one way hash
> from password can be stored in the cached connection (probably somewhere in
> connectdata struct) and then next time new request is made to the same host,
> password from new request needs to be checked against stored hash and if
> they are same, ntlm connection can be shared (without expensive type1,
> type2, type3 message exchanges).

libcurl already handles connection re-use for NTLM connections. libcurl also
knows the user name + password for each connection, as that is passed to it
using the API...