Re: Fwd: Sharing connection pool amongst different handles

From: Alibek Joraev via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 14:03:45 +0000 (UTC)

this would not work for all connection types. for example, for NTLM,connection should not be shared among handles, right? \
there was related vulnerability some time ago ( https://curl.haxx.se/docs/adv_20140129.html ).

    On Tuesday, 24 October 2017, 13:53:28 GMT+1, Attila Nagy via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:

 On 23 October 2017 at 00:21, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

On Fri, 20 Oct 2017, Attila Nagy via curl-library wrote:

It would be nice if there would be a way to share one connection pool between multiple curl handles. The share interface would be the natural way for doing this, but this isn't yet implemented.

A lot of HTTP clients implement this (shared connection pool between
threads/workers/handles), so I think it would be great if curl could also
support this.

Any ideas on this?

Sure! I think we should implement support for sharing the connection cache with the share interface!

Done right, that should allow applications to run libcurl in N threads rather independently, and yet have them all share the same connection cache so that they can take advantage of existing connections.

In the same style you can already tell it to share the DNS cache.

Do you plan to implement it in the near future?