Re: Crash in curl_multi_perform add_next_timeout

From: Gangadhar Hariharan via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 15:29:02 -0700

Hello Daniel,

Firstly congrats on the prestigious award! Kudos!:-)

The version of the libcurl: curl-7.47.1
Can you confirm that this crash could only occur if two threads are trying
to read/write at the multi-handler at the same time?

Thanks,
-Gangadhar

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 2:41 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Oct 2017, Gangadhar Hariharan via curl-library wrote:
>
> i observe crash in curl_multi_perform add_next_timeout
>>

> What libcurl version on what platform?
>
> Something i am doing wrong here that the crash still happens?
>>

> If only one thread at a time ever uses the same handle then I don't
> understand what the threads could do to it mess up.
>
> If you can reproduce the problem with a modern libcurl version with a
> stand-alone example, then I would be really interested in taking a look at
> it!
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

Crystallize your goals. Make a plan for achieving them and set yourself a
deadline.
Then, with supreme confidence, determination and disregard for obstacles
and other people's criticisms, carry out your plan. - Paul J. Meyer