Re: curl 7.56.0 build problems

From: Michael Felt <michael_at_felt.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 19:10:15 +0200

On 16/10/2017 17:26, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Oct 2017, Michael Felt wrote:
>
>> + make > .buildaix/make.out
>> "Makefile", line 3771: make: 1254-055 Dependency line needs colon or
>> double colon operator.
>
>> I do not understand the wrror message (line-numbers) as those seem to
>> be comments.
>>
>> +3771  #    collecting lcov instance. (Default:
>
> Are you sure you're looking in the right Makefile?
I'll double check - but from the second make command (V=1) is says cd
lib; then the error messages.

> But the error message is seriously strange and I think it seems to
> imply a problem with automake/autoconf rather than stuff we've written
> but I can't be sure... To me it sounds like generated depenencies or
> something that use wrong syntax, but I can't understand why it would
> suddently do this in a version upgrade.
>
>> From curl 7.54.1 to 7.56.0 I apparently upgraded automake from 1.15
>> to 1.15.1

I think it may very well be related to automake - imho - gnu only tests
on gnu, especially of late - and things like this slip in. - as that is
what I see in the top of the (generated) Makefile

I'll try running a buildconf using automake 1.15 - not sure if I'll get
that done today though.