Re: curl : 7.56 multi form post

From: Patrick Monnerat via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 11:53:57 +0100

On 10/14/2017 06:48 AM, Ray Satiro via curl-library wrote:
> On 10/13/2017 8:39 AM, Patrick Monnerat via curl-library wrote:
>> On 10/13/2017 12:55 PM, Sasikala Raju wrote:
>>>
>>> With curl 7.56 , multi form post have some discrepancy in sending
>>> the data. Why is the disposition header changed ? How can we force
>>> form data instead of attachment.
>>>
>>> Private: 002e: Content-Disposition: form-data; name="filename" -> 7.54
>>>
>>> Private: 069c: Content-Disposition: attachment; name="filename" ->7.56
>>>

>> If no special content disposition is set by the caller, libcurl sets
>> it as "form-data" if the parent part has content type
>> "multipart/form-data", else "attachment".
>>

> Patrick just to be clear, you are saying that this is not a bug? I am
> trying to figure out if it was broken before or after.

There is not enough info in the original mail to know whether there is a
bug or not: we would need the code and the overall mime or form result.

What I'm saying is: the only case where content disposition is
automatically set to "form-data" is when the parent part has
content-type "multipart/form-data". Or at least it should ;-)