Re: crash in curl_multi_perform

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 13:12:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 5 Oct 2017, Yusuf Ekici via curl-library wrote:

> When crash occurs the core debug trace shows add_next_timeout as the
> point where crash occurs.

> As a result that code covers the crash 4 times as I see the “n t->payload
> NULL” print in 20 times test. I found another issue related to this issue
> https://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2016-01/0102.html.

My guess about your problem would be the exact same one as I guessed about
Amit K Sharma's issue back in January 2016: that you're somehow using libcurl
in a threaded manner in way that libcurl doesn't support (ie you're not
protecting your handles with mutexes properly). See
https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/threadsafe.html for details on that.

I would also ask you the same question I asked Amit: Can you reproduce the
problem in a stand-alone test code?