Re: building on MacOS High Sierra

From: Pavol Markovic via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2017 01:34:45 +1300

> On 1 Oct 2017, at 01:00, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
>
>>> Might be related: https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/1336 <https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/1336>
>>
>> That's my pull request that has not been accepted because of lack of interest.
>
> Yeah, we seem to have a very limited amount of contributors who use mac and cares about mac specific things, so in matters like this where I haven't seen a clear winner or support for a particular take I feel that I don't have enough to go on to make a decision. It is rather frustrating at times, especially since I know that we have a huge number of (at least indirect) users on mac and ios.
>
> In most cases where I don't have personal knowledge about something, I wait for more people to weigh in with comments and support or dismissals to get added confidence about which route to take.

I understand that absolutely, especially in this tricky case.
I reported the bug to Apple and they recently fixed the relevant header in Xcode 9, but there are still older Xcode and OS versions in use with the bug present.

>> I've now updated the pull request to be up-to-date with latest curl sources to fix the problem again across macOS systems and Xcode environments.
>
> Thanks!
>
> github says it still has a conflict?

There should be no conflict... there are only 2 marked files in auto-generated merge commit message that had to be resolved.

There's still outstanding issue with the minimum system / deployment target. It still remains 10.8, I wonder if it should be bumped or removed completely (let it be default).