Re: Does the source tree need to be clean for an out-of-source cmake build?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2017 11:04:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 9 Sep 2017, Peter Wu wrote:

> Last time I looked, only the include paths and a header needed fixing:
> https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/1291 In meantime curlbuild.h is gone, but
> there might be other issues now. (Note that the PR was rejected.)

The lib/curl_config.h is probably still what makes it complicated. If you have
one generated in-tree and then build out-of-tree...

> Rejecting in-tree sounds interesting, would this also be possible for
> autotools?

I suppose it would be possible, but why? With autotools it complains if you
first build in-tree and then out-of-tree without cleaning in between to avoid
this kind of problems. I think that's good enough.

In general I *think* people are used to building in-tree so preventing that
will generate questions and friction.